What Is Testo-max
- Rampant Power
- Monster Muscle Gains
“Rampant” possibly isn’t the best word to use when trying to describe the benefits of testosterone booster, but if the formulation is half as good as
Crazy Bulk claims it to be their competitors may have something to worry about—monster muscle gains are definitely on a lot of guys’ agendas.
Other promised benefits include:
- Super Strength & Stamina
- Maximum Performance
- Rapid Recovery
- Enhanced Sex Drive & Performance
- Fast Results in Less Than Two Weeks
Crazy Bulk also claim their product is 100% safe to use and offers a better alternative to steroids.
Unlike many testosterone boosters on the market today, Testo-max has a full dose of quality ingredients. There are many more expensive products available that under-dose their formula but have really fashionable packaging.
Shiny packaging can’t boost your testosterone. Crazy Bulk’s Testo-max can, though.
The Importance of Testosterone
Testosterone is a hormone produced in the body. Men produce most of their testosterone in their testes. The adrenal gland also provides a small amount of the hormone, but men do not have an exclusive right to testosterone. Contrary to popular belief, women produce it as well. Like men, they attain some of their testosterone via the adrenal gland, but the majority of female testosterone is created in the ovaries by their Leydig cells.
The relationship between testosterone and muscle growth is well known, so most gym-goers will be aware of its importance. In fact, some scientific studies show an elevated testosterone level can provide small muscle gains without the need for exercise.
In one study, conducted at the Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (New York), researchers logged an increase in muscle protein synthesis of 27% and concluded: “These studies suggest that testosterone increases muscle mass by increasing muscle protein synthesis.”
Testosterone has undoubted value as a bodybuilding aid, but how well the Testo-max formulation works will depend on the abilities of the ingredients Crazy Bulk has used. If they’ve got it wrong the monster gains are more likely to be minuscule gains. Let’s take a closer look at the formulation and see if there might be a monster hiding in there after all.
- Tribulus Terrestris: A plant-based ingredient that is a common addition to testosterone boosting blends. Studies show supplementation with Tribulus Terrestris can stimulate the release of extra luteinizing hormone (a precursor to testosterone) and provide strength increases, better performance, and faster recovery, and increased muscle mass.
- D-Aspartic Acid (D-AA): One of two forms of the amino acid aspartic acid. The other kind is L-aspartate. Doctors often use D-AA to boost the testosterone levels of infertile men. It works by stimulating part of the brain to trigger a release of hormones (luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, human growth hormone). It also ensures a minor increase in testosterone production by alleviating a natural rate-limiting process.
- Fenugreek: A plant-derived ingredient that is used extensively in Asian recipes. It also has a strong reputation as a testosterone booster and some studies suggest it can trigger the release of Human Growth Hormone (which offers bodybuilding benefits of its own).
- Ginseng Extract: Famed as an aphrodisiac and well known for its health-enhancing abilities, ginseng is also a proven testosterone booster.
- Zinc Gluconate: Zinc is crucially important to testosterone production. In one study, conducted in 1996, a group of men with normal testosterone levels were encouraged to reduce their zinc intake for 5 months. Their testosterone levels fell by over 50%. During the same study, a group of older men with low testosterone levels were given zinc supplements. Their testosterone levels doubled.
How to Use Testo-max
One capsule should be taken two to three times per day, with meals—even on non-workout days—but on workout days the capsules should be taken 30 to 45 minutes before training is commenced. Supplementation should be continued for at least two months.
Purchasing Options and Considerations
Sales of Testo-max are restricted to the Crazy Bulk website, but worldwide shipping is available. Also, all orders from residents of the UK and the USA will be shipped for free.
Every third item on an order is free.
Side Effects and Health Issues
None of the ingredients used in Testo-max are likely to cause side effects, but the pregnant and nursing mothers should always err on the side of safety and never take any form of dietary supplement without their doctor’s approval. The same advice holds good for anyone who has known or suspected health issues.
The Bottom Line
Testo-max should do exactly what it says on the tin. It’s been designed to boost testosterone levels and it contains five powerful ingredients that are known to do just that, so Crazy Bulk’s claims of “monster muscle gains” are probably not as exaggerated as they sound.
As an added bonus, the addition of fenugreek may also stimulate HGH production; so Testo-max has everything going for it and gets top marks all the way.